Wednesday, September 30, 2009

woooo

english: A-, A, A
sociology: A
linguistics: A
anthropology: A-
law: C+

Spot the odd one out. I DARE YOU.

My friends got married in the weekend and went to Samoa for their honeymoon. I'm pretty sure they lost all their belongings they took there but they've arrived back in Auckland safely, which is a mind-blowing relief. Honestly, everytime I see a news update about it I just start tearing up. (Which isn't saying much because I tear up over almost anything on TV/Movies, hrm).

The sociology tutorial this week centred around the debate of science vs religion. It got pretty heated, but there were no fanatics/fundamentalists in our group so things didn't go as exciting as i'd have hoped. We discussed the attributes of people who are extremes at both ends of the spectrum, but I think I said it pretty succinctly when I noted that an ignorant indoctrinated theist can be just as bad as an ignorant closed-minded atheist. An asshole is an asshole.

My respect for our tutor began diminishing when she recommended that we watch the documentary "Zeitgeist". Yeah okay, that shit was interesting in 2007.. but it's called a conspiracy theory film for a reason. Seriously.. most of the content is completely fallacious, and backed by laughably moronic reasoning. I did take this doco pretty seriously when it first came out, as do a lot of people when they watch it for the first time.. but thankfully I saw sense.

Me: Can you bring my heels to town tomorrow?
Tony: I'm not carrying your heels around all day.
Me: Why not? If you are secure enough in your masculinity, shit like that shouldn't bother you.
Tony: ..Do you consider me very masculine? (he was drinking a massive chocolate smoothie with extra maple syrup at the time)
Me: Fair enough. I'll get them another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment